2015 SC STATE COURT REPORTERS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL CONVENTION
BAY WATCH RESORT AND CONFERENCE CENTER
2701 S. OCEAN BLVD.
N. MYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA 29582
AUGUST 19-21, 2015
It’s that time of year again! Attend the convention with ocean-view meeting rooms! And while attending the convention, you can also take in the view from your private balcony or take a dip in one of the 18 indoor and outdoor water amenities. Enjoy a meal at The Blue Room Café, catch the game in Sandtrap Sports Bar & Grill, or grab a cocktail at Fishtails Beach Bar, among many other things to do in N. Myrtle Beach. Barefoot Landing is right close by, as well as Tanger Outlets. There will also be some vendors on site. And you won’t want to miss Thursday night’s casino dinner cruise! Click here for the welcome letter, draft Agenda and Registration form for the 2015 SCSCRA Convention. Click here for convention agenda, registration and welcome letter.
Below is information for booking rooms. We have received continuing education credit approval from NCRA and from NVRA. There are a total of 14 CE credits available for NVRA and 2 for NCRA.
We have chosen the Reach Out & Read program at Palmetto Health Children’s Hospital as our charity this year. Reach Out & Read is an early literacy program providing books for children ages 5 and younger during well-child visits at Palmetto Children’s Hospital. They need new book donations for ages 6 months to 5 years old or monetary contributions. There will be a box set up at the convention for donations. Contact Robbie DeFreese if you have any questions about the book fundraiser.
Things to Remember to Bring With You
1. Your auction items and door prizes
2. Kids’ books for 6 months to 5 years old
3. Your Photo ID for the dinner cruise
4. Yourself - ready to have a good time!
We hope you join us for the 2015 SCSCRA Convention in beautiful N. Myrtle Beach!
THE 2015 SCSCRA CONVENTION COMMITTEE
The convention is being held August 19, 20, 21. The Bay Watch Resort is oceanfront, consists of four kiddie pools, three outdoor pools, two indoor pools, 7 whirlpools, one indoor lazy river, one outdoor lazy river, a poolside bar, and an indoor snack bar/grill, wi-fi, and many other amenities. We hope you will consider attending our convention.
The rooms and costs are as follows:
1. Studio room (not oceanfront): 144.19 per night, this is including all taxes and fees. 2 full size beds OR a king bed, small frig, microwave, TV bathroom, balcony.
2. Ocean front ONE bedroom: 167.49 per night, taxes and fees inclusive. Two full beds in bedroom, full kitchen, bathroom, living room area with full size sleeper sofa and full size Murphy bed, 2 TVs, and oceanfront balcony with access from living room.
3. Oceanfront TWO bedroom: 237.39 per night, taxes and fees inclusive. Two full size beds in each bedroom, full kitchen with washer/dryer and dishwasher, two full bathrooms with master bathroom having a whirlpool tub, living room area with a full size sleeper sofa, three TVs, and oceanfront private balcony.
Bay Watch is minutes away from Barefoot Landing, Tanger Outlets, restaurants, etc. We recommend that reservations be made as early as possible due to the fact that it's the summer season and the beach is crowded and for availability reasons. Reservations should be made by JULY 19. The rooms may be released by the hotel at that point back to the public and may be on space-available basis and subject to current rates, so make your reservations EARLY.
Make your reservations by calling 877-779-7379 and reference the group name "SC Court Reporters." First night's room deposit is required when booking with the remaining balance due at check-in. No personal or company checks will be accepted upon arrival. If you have any problem with reservations, please let us know.
The hotel is in North Myrtle Beach beyond Barefoot Landing Shopping Center, House of Blues, etc... Once on Highway 17 in North Myrtle Beach, look for the infamous "Thee Dollhouse" entertainment club. Right below that is 27th Avenue which is one street before the light on 28th Avenue. There's a Rent-A-Center there at the corner. Turn down 27th Avenue, and it will take you straight to the hotel.